February 4, 2015

"She Wore Blue Velvet..."

_DSC0496

"...bluer than velvet was the night"

I have invested in my fair share of velvet pieces this season, this being my favorite and definitely my most worn. The pictures do no justice to the beautiful blue color or texture. It is the exact same fit as my favorite shift dresses from Boohoo that I've been raving about in my past few posts, so I'm sure you could take a wild guess as to where it came from. Of course the first time I wore it I chose a smaller platform bootie to make it a little more casual for a day at work, but, I couldn't keep these thigh-highs in the closet for another second!


I have mentioned probably more than once before that I am a sucker for Target's shoe section, especially their collections. I know many people have a negative connotation with buying  clothing / shoes from a big box store because they're "cheap".. which in some cases could be true. I've personally had shoes from Target last me much longer and hold up through many more miles than some of my more expensive pairs! Don't mock it until ya try it, right? Anyway, last year I came across their Sam & Libby collection and grabbed myself a couple pairs of booties which I still put to good use.  I was pleasantly surprised to find that the collection came back again this season and the second I saw these thigh-highs, I knew love at first sight was real. Of course, my shoe size is one of the most common which left me crying over a pair of 7s that I could barely squeeze my foot into and on a mission to order my size online. Just my luck, sold out.. completely.. forever.. never to be restocked.. I looked and looked for months and eventually gave up. I found a pair on eBay which had doubled in price but was willing to take the plunge because I just had to have them.. then... they were gone. I finally accepted defeat and gave up. Fast forward to Christmas morning and there they were, in my house, under my tree, packaged beautifully in black wrapping paper because once again my Mom is a magical internet shopping wizard who is able to find anything and everything, even if it's sold out! I'm really not one for high skinny heeled boots, but, these are much more comfortable than I ever thought they would be.

_DSC0514_DSC0512_DSC0500_DSC0508_DSC0498 _DSC0497_DSC0488_DSC0494 _DSC0489
_DSC0495
dress:   boohoo   |   boots:   sam & libby for target   |   necklace: aldo   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design