May 13, 2014

Black Mesh Bodysuit

IMG_5521

I know this outfit looks very similar to a dress that's sold in American Apparel, which is very true, but I chose to go the DIY route rather than spending $70 on a piece I wouldn't get much use out of.  Why, you ask? Well, I was going out to the city (obviously to a bar I had never even heard of let alone been to) and had absolutely no idea what to wear. Several hours before said event I made an emergency trip to the mall for something.. anything really.. to wear. I did try on the dress and seconds later fell madly in love with it but my conscience was telling me the purchase just wasn't worth it (also because it was made for someone 5'8".. not 5'). So after a brief internal meltdown, this bodysuit answered all of my prayers. Even though it was $50, which is still kind of pricy, I realized I would get a lot more use out of it than I would the dress- which ended up being true because I already wore it twice: once with this skirt and another with high waisted pants.



Moral of the story: do not wait until the last minute to buy an outfit to go to the city & always buy the bodysuit because you can wear it so many more ways than you could wear a $70 dress.

IMG_5529
IMG_5523
IMG_5531
IMG_5533
IMG_5528
IMG_5527IMG_5535

OUTFIT DETAILS
leotard: the fiona, AmericanApparel
skirt: high waisted pleated skater skirt, CharlotteRusse
pumps: originally GoJane, similar GoJane
bag: originally Michael Kors, similar @ Macys
sunglasses: Versace Rock Icons 57mm cat eye, Nordstrom
necklace: originally Forever21, similar CharlotteRusse

PS: I also wanted to thank all of you from the bottom of my little blood pumping heart for watching my makeup tutorial. I was really hesitant to post it (it's really weird to look at yourself and hear your own voice for over 10 minutes) but, all of your kind words made it totally worth it and I will definitely do a few more for you all. xo

5 comments:

  1. You are amazing...just saying..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh...it's Lisa in case you did not know ...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking fabulous as usual.! Love the mesh you can see your lovely tatts perfectly! Wish we lived closer so we could get pedicures and complain about boys!

    xoxo
    S!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This outfit is absolutely beautiful just like you. You have such great style and your hair is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I used one of your photos for an article. I hope this does not bother you. I indicated the link of your blog. Don't hesitate to warn me if you discomfort. :$
    Ps: I love your blog and especially this look!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design