June 3, 2014

Cut Outs & Rips

DSC_0224

Recently I was asked to be featured in a magazine with 5-6 other bloggers to show our own take on a specific summer/fall trend. On the list of trends to choose from "cut outs & peekaboos" really seemed to get my outfit picking senses flowing. After being diagnosed with my fifth or sixth sinus infection this year and my Mom's surgery I was afraid I wouldn't get to finish everything on time but for once in my life, I'm early.. To give you guys a little preview of what's to come, I wanted to share one of my outfits that will be in the magazine in full since only a few pictures will make the final cut.

I will share more details in another post so I don't spoil all the fun before the issue comes out.

Since high waisted destroyed denim shorts seem to take up more than half of a dresser drawer in my room I thought that I should break them out for at least one of my looks. I chose this specific bralette because it's really easy to dress up so I wanted to challenge myself and see if I could dress it down. Success, right? I tied my oldest and most favorite flannel around my waist and threw on my high top converse to complete my casual dog walking / outdoor event outfit. Naturally I went with one of my favorite darker lip colors, Rebel by Mac, which I recently had to replace because it mysteriously went missing out of my lipstick organizer. If a dog counts as an accessory than this one is a four year old maltese who gets scared if you blink too loudly but sure knows how to pose for the camera, he goes by the name of Bentley or Bentley Coupe on the streets..

I've been trying to post more of my casual looks since I'm not always dressed up to go out, what do you guys think.. more or less?

DSC_0190 DSC_0187 DSC_0199
DSC_0225 DSC_0192 DSC_0193 DSC_0189 DSC_0223
OUTFIT DETAILS
top: christine crop top, tobi
shorts: originally jenna & molly, similar pacsun
flannel: originally forever 21, similar urbanoutfitters
shoes: high top leather, converse

4 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous! You are so beautiful and this outfit is awesome! My kind of style.. Love Bentley too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the magazine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the magazine

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design