July 20, 2014

Birchbox Review pt. I

DSC_5907 

For quite some time I've been seeing Birchbox reviews pop up, some were good, some were .. not so good. So, a few weeks before my birthday my boyfriend's sister Laurie got her's in the mail and I got to see first hand what actually came in one as well as a trusted opinion about the products. After looking through, I was pleasantly surprised with the size of all of the samples as well as the quality. A few weeks later, Laurie and her husband surprised me with a subscription for my birthday (thanks again, guys!!) and I was beyond excited to receive my first one.  So rather than keeping all of the fun to myself, I decided to share a little bit about each product with you guys and my own personal review.

I was really happy with the sizes of each product, I'm still using some of them currently and it's been a little over a month! The perfume is a regular size sample but, I actually love these little guys because I can put them in my purse or take a few of them on a trip rather than shoving a giant bottle in my bag or traveling with expensive glass bottles. A few other reviews I read had complaints about the sizes but, the point is to introduce you to products you most likely don't use.. and if you end up not liking it, what would you do with a regular sized bottle other than throw it away? So for me, these are perfect! I also read a few complaints about the actual products which I think has a lot to do with what you fill out in the beginning survey. I'm already using products from my second box and so far I haven't gotten anything that I wouldn't use or absolutely hated.

DSC_5911
DSC_5910


GILCHRIST & SOAMES 
LONDON COLLECTION BODY LOTION
DSC_5921 DSC_5924
Throughout my life I've always gone back to regular unscented Aveeno lotion for my body, although it works great.. it is a little bit heavy especially during the summer. I've tried switching to lighter feeling lotions but they tend to leave a greasy/oily residue behind which has ruined some of my sheer pieces in the past. Not only does this little guy smell light and fresh, it actually is light and fresh. It's not thick like Aveeno and doesn't leave behind an oil slick like some of the others I've tried.  If you also experience this problem, which hopefully at least one or two of you do otherwise I might just be overthinking my body lotions, than this will be perfect!


BEAUTY PROTECTOR
DSC_5927 DSC_5928
As you know- I do have extensions so a leave in conditioner is a necessity. I've been using the same brand for quite some time because it's super light and smells great. Right after I got this I was headed down to the beach with my boyfriend so I stuck it in my bag to use after I got out of the ocean to really put it to the test. We ended up renting wave runners which mangled my hair with salt water and turned it into a knotted tragedy. After- a dip in the pool only added to my troubles.. I used this in hopes my hair would somehow untangle and be silky again and it did just that! Now I take it everywhere with me because some days I definitely need a leave-in that works a little harder than my go-to.

SUPERGOOP
EVERYDAY SPF 30
DSC_5931 DSC_5934
I'm really specific with what sunscreen I use on my face because they always end up burning my eyes! I typically use Neutrogena because they carry one that is specifically for your face and it usually doesn't burn my eyes... usually... I'm also really big on staying out of the sun and using sunscreen as of this summer, trying to avoid pre-mature aging over here!! So far I've used this on my face about two times in the sun and 1. did not get a sunburn or any extra freckles and 2. it did not burn my eyes. Success!


HARVEY PRINCE
HELLO
DSC_5936 DSC_5941
smells ... absolutely ... amazing
I've never heard of this brand until I opened the box so my curious nose had to spray it the second I could, I instantly fell in love. I love lighter perfumes that smell girly and aren't overpowering, on top of meeting all of my qualifications it also lasted the entire day which most of my major brand named perfumes fail to do.  A+


CYNTHIA ROWELY BLACK EYE LINER
DSC_5944 DSC_5945

I don't always wear bottom eye liner, lately I've been using an eye shadow on my lash line to act as a liner. It's hard to find one that does't smudge and stays black throughout the day. So far I've used this as bottom liner and it worked like a charm, I even put it over my winged liquid liner to give it a different finish and it actually kept my liner looking dark, too!


DSC_5914

What I also love about Birchbox is that you get points for every dollar you spend that you can use toward another purchase.

Rather than doing individual links for each product, I put all of them in my Amazon "favorites" sidebar

If you want your very own subscription.. sign up HERE

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design