July 24, 2014

OBX: II

DSC_6141

The second day of vacation definitely wasn't as beautiful as the first weather wise, but it did give us an opportunity to explore the area a little bit. There were an abundance of standard surf shops that I didn't really need anything from, I was just waiting to hit the boutiques. Luckily, we found one right around the corner from our house which had tons of cute clothes, mostly Free People and lots of jewelry. I always try to scope out all of the stores before making any purchases because some carry nicer things than others so I will definitely be making a second trip toward the end of the week.

I could not pass up this dress, I love anything with a simple fit and pattern because they create endless possibilities. Since I only brought one suitcase full of accessories, clothes & shoes I didn't have many options to pair it with when we went out to dinner later that night. At that point the most I could do was pair it with one of my favorite, chunky necklace, light purple lipstick to really give it some color and of course my favorite lace up wedges that I refuse to retire.

Even with all of my sprays and serums, my standard curls just could not hold up against the humidity.  They frizzed and flopped the second I stepped out the door and about 10 minutes later I ended up pulling half of it up to keep it from sticking to my face. Ya win some and ya lose some and unfortunately my hair lost the battle to North Carolina humidity.

lips: Dodgy Girl // Mac x Kelly Osbourne
DSC_6145
DSC_6142
DSC_6154
DSC_6150 DSC_6146 DSC_6157 DSC_6155
dress: similar, similar
shoes: similar
necklace: similar

since both my shoes and necklace are a bit older they are no longer in stock, but I did post some similar options. There was no way for me to find this exact dress online, even when I did type in the brand so I posted a similar option for that as well.

Here's a few extra iPhone #selfies.
IMG_0948 IMG_0954

1 comment:

  1. So excited that you and Paul are enjoying your vacation! Loving that dress on you pretty lady!

    xoxo
    S
    Jemappellechanel.com

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design