December 2, 2013

Floral Kimono



It's definitely not too late for a kimono in my world. I love taking summery pieces and dressing them darker for the winter, luckily this one is already a deep blue which made it much easier to "winterize". In the summer I would probably wear this with a pair of gladiator sandals & light washed high rise denim shorts, but since it's about 40 degrees too cold for that I chose my go-to high rise jeans and flats. I must have gotten these flats over two years ago and I am still obsessed with them. Before they took Baker's out of Menlo mall I had the privilege of working right next to them and was forced to stop in at least once per shift. After drooling over these gold glittery flats in the window for a couple of weeks, my family gave them to me as a birthday gift. The first couple of times I wore them they left a trail of glitter everywhere I walked, now I don't think they have one spec to spare. I've seen identical versions at plenty of other stores over time and I've even considered investing in a pair as a back up for when I have to retire mine. 


A couple of days ago I went to check in on the new arrivals where I purchased my kimono from and saw it on the site (which reminded me to wear it), so, when I went back to grab the link for you guys.. it was gone!! Must have sold out during black Friday / cyber Monday madness, regardless she has tons of cute kimonos that I have linked below along with a couple others I love.



IMG_3769 IMG_3750 IMG_3753 IMG_3773 IMG_3762 IMG_3776 IMG_3764

OUTFIT DETAILS:
kimono: same store MissMagiba MissMagiba2 others, LoveCulture GypsyWarrior
crop top: similar Tobi
jeans: high rise seamed jean, UrbanOutfitters
flats: originally Baker's, identical version SteveMadden
necklace: spiked chain link necklace CharlotteRusse

1 comment:

  1. Really love your post Cori!
    We have sold out of this kimono! Everyone loved it so much!
    We have many other styles of kimonos!
    Please check them out at missmagiba.storenvy.com
    Thanks for sharing this Cori!
    xo Miss Mag-iba Boutique

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design