January 14, 2015

Plaid & Lace-Ups

_DSC0408

It's been quite a while, hasn't it? I took a much needed break from staring at my computer screen after finals to enjoy the rest of the holiday season. It's nice to be able to wake up on a day off and only have to worry about what's for breakfast rather than what assignment I have to work on first.  I definitely had an amazing Christmas & I hope you all did, too! It was our first in our new house and my Mom/blog photographer decorated every inch better than ever. Even my black & white tree seemed to look ten times better in my new room than it did in my old one, I'm even considering leaving it up all year.


With the weather getting much, much colder I've been picking out my outfits for work based on warmth and comfort. As I mentioned in another post I ordered some new goodies from Boohoo and immediately fell in love with the grey shift dress I wore in THIS post. Since I would rather call myself a "clothing collector" than someone who has more clothes than they know what to do with, I had to add a few more of these to said collection. This is the first and unfortunately only patterned dress that I ordered and immediately after opening the package and seeing how gorgeous this simple plaid was, I regretted that I hadn't ordered a few more.

To me, this style will always be a classic and a staple in my closet, they are so effortless and easy to dress up for work or turn into a casual errand-running piece. Since my last post in this shift dress was more geared toward a day at work I decided to show you how I made this one a bit more casual and simplified by using the dress as the focal point with a pair of knee high boots. Speaking of, my store didn't receive these bad boys so I traveled the distance to another just to pick them up and couldn't be happier that I did! I've grown accustom to wearing some sort of heel every day and was looking for something a little lower, although they're not completely flat, the heel is just enough to dress up an outfit but low enough for a long day of work.

_DSC0423_DSC0421_DSC0422_DSC0420_DSC0416_DSC0414_DSC0419_DSC0413 _DSC0412_DSC0418_DSC0409_DSC0407
dress: boohoo   |   boots: aldo   |   bag: urban outfitters


since I've been a bit absent from blogging, here's some of my favorite pictures from my instagram which you could always follow to see what I'm up to each day
@coribetch

   
| my favorite part of the christmas decor |  the quote on top of one of the shoe boxes paul gave me for christmas which I thought was hilarious |
| one of the RZ boxes some surprise goodies came in from my mom & dad along with one of the bracelets


paul's vintage-esque wrapping on my gifts  |  the store dedicated entirely to k-cups aka heaven on earth
paul and a precious moment with his new snare   |    spoiled by my secret santa @ work with gorgeous gypsy jewels 

     
the gorgeous view I could never get sick of   |   close up of my black & white Tim Burton themed tree
I think this one is self explanatory   |    the most beautiful section in my store filled with all things glitz and glamour

    
dreams come true   |   the "star" or skeleton on top of my tree
need I say more?  |   some gypsy jewels and a classic white shimmer manicure I've been in love with


I will definitely be taking the time to update more often and after being gone for so long I have quite a few new outfits to share.

talk to you soon
XO

find me on instagram + ask.fm in the mean time

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design