December 16, 2013

Denim & Faux Leather




These wedges are definitely about two years old and I still live in them. When I worked close to Urban Outfitters I would see them sitting in the window begging for me to buy them every time I walked by. After losing sleep over them for a week straight I went in for the kill. I keep them on display year round because I'm so obsessed with them. They're a perfect fit with a pair of socks and just a bit loose with only tights on top of having just the right amount of spikes. I love pulling out older pieces and pairing them with some not sold old items, it makes them feel brand new again.

I'm sure everyone has seen and probably lusted over the Alexander McQueen skull print scarf and died after reading the $295 price tag. I know at some point I'll end up investing in the real deal due to my lack of self control, but in the mean time I found this really great look-alike on eBay. After seeing plenty of imitations in the mall I decided to browse around on eBay and check if anyone was selling theirs for.. less than $295. After searching I found a vendor who was selling them in both black and white with tags for about $30 with shipping. I knew from the start they weren't real because this guy had tons of them left in stock at an extremely low price and there was only a "buy it now" option. I decided to place an order since it was the best lookalike I had seen and no one at that time was selling theirs under $200 (no that anyone ever would, anyway). When I got it in I was impressed with the quality as well as the tags it came with to make it seem like it had actually come from a store. Since I've seen a couple of the real versions in person I remembered that their texture was a bit more rough than the one I received which validated the authenticity. I checked the size and it was also off by just a tiny bit. Along with that, the small tag attached to the scarf did not have the washing instructions that the real scarves have. For being an imitation, the version I purchased is almost identical to the real scarf minus the few minor details I explained. So, until I purchase the real deal this lookalike will most definitely suffice. 

I've definitely stressed how much of a denim advocate I am and here is one of my favorites from my collection. I did purchase it from the Levi's store and it was a bit expensive but, it was definitely worth every single penny. I've had it for almost four years and have worn it more than anything in my closet, I've even thrown it in the drier several times (which I refuse to do with any of my other clothes) and it has yet to loose its perfect fit. I've worn it so many different ways that I couldn't even begin to name them all. This time, I chose to pair it with this faux-leather skirt I picked up not too long ago. Mixing fabrics is only of my favorites and I thought this was a perfectly opposite match. 

Please excuse my sunglasses in only one of the pictures, my eyes are extremely sensitive to light (another reason I hate the snow, it makes everything so bright!) so I had to give them a bit of time to adjust in order to avoid a migraine.



IMG_4059

IMG_4082 IMG_4072 IMG_4070 IMG_4074 IMG_4089 IMG_4083 IMG_4069 IMG_4065 IMG_4086

OUTFIT DETAILS
top: tailored western shirt, Levi
skirt: similar, Forever21
shoes: Deena & Ozzy Spiked Platform Wedge (sold out) only found on eBay
scarf: there's tons of listings on eBay
sunglasses: Sicily Aviators, MichaelKors

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design