December 13, 2013

Lace & Litas



I know this shirt looks almost identical to the one I wore with my floral skinnies, but.. you're absolutely correct. I loved that shirt so much that I bought another version of it, this time without the bell sleeves and with a lace pattern. I can't wait to wear it in the spring with a pair of denim shorts & sandals, but until then I chose these riding pants.

As much as I hate shopping in Forever 21 because it's so overwhelming & time consuming, I'll never say no when my Mom offers to tag team the store with me. Ever since I was young we've been shopping together and to this day she is my #1 partner. When we go to Forever we usually end up splitting up and when we find each other she always has a handful of items she picked out for me and they're always spot on. On our most recent voyage, I found a pair of cute lace shorts on a random rack near the front door, when I met up with her she told me I should try a different size because they looked a bit big. I disagreed and said they were fine and of course five minutes later questioned my decision and returned to that rack. As I was looking for another size I came across pants that felt exactly like riding pants from American Apparel... after catching my breath because I came close to a heart attack I realized they were my size and the only pair left! Since I had AA's pants on my x-mss list for $74, I knew that finding this pair in XXI for $20 was entirely too good to be true. I brought them home, tried them on and I haven't taken them off since. Whenever things happen like this I always credit them to my Nana for watching down on me & blessing me with these great finds.

The moral of my shopping miracle story is that you don't always have to pay top dollar to get good quality or something that's "trendy". I tried to find the pants online to give you the link, but they're no where to be found so I linked an equally as inexpensive option for you.

I also re-discovered this bracelet I got a couple of years ago in its bag when I was cleaning out my jewelry box, definitely felt like Christmas morning was happening a couple of weeks early. It was originally from Nordstrom and of course is sold out. I found a couple of listings on eBay and I also linked the only site that had it in stock below.


 

IMG_4041 IMG_4039 IMG_4051 IMG_4035 IMG_4050

OUTFIT DETAILS
top: originally Tobi, similar Tobi UrbanOutfitters SaboSkirt
bottoms: the real deal AmericanApparel, find them cheaper here eBay or similar here PacSun
shoes: similar, Tobi
bracelet: D&G Abigail bracelet, TheInHome 
clutch: similar, GypsyWarrior

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design