May 7, 2014

Gray Slit Maxi

IMG_5484

 I realized that I always talk about how I would style my outfits for a night out but I rarely ever get a chance to actually show you, so, here's how I wore this dress to a family party and out to dinner. I'm always a little nervous ordering a piece online form a store that I've never purchased from because of my size, but I was extremely happy with how well this dress fit when I finally got to try it on.
I was able to shoot my entire outfit before I went to my family party, but after a recent laptop crash I lost all of the pictures (I also lost all of the footage I shot of my daily makeup routine) so I had to recreate my look and re-shoot both outfits. I knew there were going to be plenty of little kids to chase after, so I chose to break out my Sam Edleman gladiators I picked up from American Eagle a few years back rather than a heel or wedge. I did spend a little bit of money on them, but after wearing them through two summers they are still in perfect condition so I would say they were definitely worth the investment. I added a small braided belt and my big floppy hat (which I ended up taking off halfway through the party) to give it a more casual look because, well, I haven't really seen anyone wear a big floppy hat out to dinner and I also have been trying to hide my face from the sun. To top it off, I chose a pinkish lip color to keep the outfit on the lighter side.

IMG_5491 IMG_5483 IMG_5480 IMG_5485 IMG_5486 IMG_5494 IMG_5487 IMG_5493 
  OUTFIT DETAILS
dress: flirty gray v-neck high slit maxi, SexyDresses
hat: black blogger hat, Windsor
sandals: originally Sam Edelman for AE, similar Nordstrom
belt: originally Forever 21, similar Forever21



Another reason I'm so in love with dress is because I was able to take it from casual to dressy in three quick and very simple steps. First, I added one my favorite silver stacklaces which alone, makes everything seem a little more dressy. Next, I switched my lip color from a light pink to my favorite dark combination: Mac Nightmoth liner, Cyber and Rebel on the inside. Last, I traded in my belt and gladiators for my lace up pumps and went on my way. So, in about 5 minutes I was able to get ready for dinner without having to change my clothes.

IMG_5517 IMG_5500 IMG_5505 IMG_5516 IMG_5507 IMG_5498 IMG_5513 IMG_5504 IMG_5508 
  OUTFIT DETAILS
dress: flirty gray v-neck high slit maxi, SexyDresses
necklace: Titania x Isis, Xevana
pumps: originally GoJane, similar GoJane

3 comments:

  1. I love the dress. wow

    the-renaissance-of-inner-fashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a beautiful outfit.. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yesterday, while I was at work, my sister stole my iPad and tested to
    see if it can survive a twenty five foot drop, just so she
    can be a youtube sensation. My apple ipad is now broken and she has 83 views.
    I know this is entirely off topic but I had to share it with someone!


    Check out my weblog: Louis Vuitton Bags

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design