August 10, 2014

CHICSHA: The Magazine, Issue III

I mentioned a few posts ago that I was asked to be featured in a magazine this summer- that magazine happens to be Issue III of CHICSHA.  I along with several other bloggers show our own take on a specific summer/fall trend. Inside the magazine you'll find all six of my outfits along with an event I felt each of the outfits was most appropriate for. The whole experience from picking out the outfits, to taking the pictures to seeing the final product was beyond exciting and I'm extremely pleased with how well everything came out.  Of course when it first came out I searched through every page to find myself (who wouldn't?) but since then I must have read it cover to cover over 10 times because of how beautifully everything came together and how interesting each of the articles and features are.

Untitled

CHICSHA: Tha Magazine Issue III

When I was searching through what outfits to wear for the magazine I knew this dress had to be one of my choices. I picked up this dress from NastyGal a winter or two ago and never took it off of my dress rack and into the public. I actually cut through the front of it when I was trying to open the package (note: do not cut your packages directly in the middle with a pair of scissors like a maniac) luckily, my Mom was able to sew up the slit I made, oops!  This was the last one I shot and by the end of the day my hair was... not how it looked when I started. So, I put it up in my "sock bun" which is always a bit more messy looking than the average because I don't like too much structure.  I topped everything off with my favorite Gypsy Warrior clutch that you've seen about 50 times already and my favorite YSL ring.

DSC_0323
DSC_0316 DSC_0320DSC_0333 DSC_0334DSC_0340DSC_0381
dress: nasty gal, similar
shoes: charlotte russe, similar
bag: gypsy warrior, similar
necklace: forever 21, similar

  As I was getting ready I knew Paul was on his way over so I was trying to wrap everything up so we could quickly make our way down to LBI. Since I take longer to get ready than most, he showed up just as I was about to take my pictures. I was beyond shocked when I opened the door to find him in this outfit because of how well it went with the vintage-y look of mine. Of course our un-planned outfit coordination called for a few pictures because how often does your boyfriend show up to your house in an outfit that goes with yours perfectly?
DSC_0398DSC_0404 DSC_0413 DSC_0415
tee: ralphlauren
pants: uniqlo
shoes: clarks
suspenders: macys
sunglasses: rayban

DSC_0348
DSC_0353DSC_0349 DSC_0356 DSC_0357

Earlier in the summer I did three full, detailed posts on outfits that are also featured in the magazine which are linked below
Cut Oust & Rips: here
Floral Cut Out Dress: here
Cut Outs & Spikes: here


3 comments:

  1. Love this, love this, love this. Oh yeah did I say I love this? YES I did. These are such beautiful pics. You to are so beautiful together and you look stunning with you hair up love, love, love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved your feature lady ^_^

    xoxo
    S
    JeMappelleChanel.com

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design