August 25, 2014

Pops of Pink

DSC_0465

When I first got this dress I was a bit iffy on how to style it especially since colors aren't exactly my area of expertise. Naturally my first shoe choice was a classic nude pump which I knew would tone down the vibrant floral pattern. Since my first instinct is try to wash out any sort of colored piece by pairing it with something rather bland, I decided I should try something different. These hot pink Barbie looking pumps are so beautifully colored and possibly one of the brightest decorations in my room, so, I don't go a day without admiring their existence on my shoe rack. After staring in the mirror for quite some time debating on how to style this gorgeous dress, it hit me.. 

Rather than going back to my typical Cori ways and trying to wash out anything too colorful, I decided to accentuate the pinks of this dress by pairing it with accessories that were much brighter than the print itself. Although the hot pink doesn't necessarily match, they are most definitely in the same color family and really gave the dress a whole new look. I have been waiting for a perfect opportunity to use this hot pink jelly bag my family gave me for my birthday and this particular outfit seemed more than fitting for such an event.  To top it all off I used my favorite hot pink lip combination which of course is Nicki Minaj's Viva Glam lip stick with her lip glass over to give it a shiny & extra girly finish.

This is by far one of my most colorful outfits and to be honest.. I don't hate it. I am definitely not opposed to incorporating some more color in to my life

DSC_0474DSC_0468 DSC_0469DSC_0477DSC_0471

DSC_0470DSC_0479 DSC_0480
DSC_0464DSC_0483
dress: sheinside, different style she inside
pumps: similar lulus, jessicasimpson

1 comment:

  1. Does this come in black Cori (; ? Love this look, I love the dress and pumps! Your hair looks amazing!

    Xox
    S

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design