October 30, 2013

Ain't Laurent Without Yves



I hope you're ready for this one! Rather than showing you just one way that I chose to style a specific piece, this baby is jam packed with two. Try to contain your excitement! Anyway, I've had a deep obsession with YSL for years now, once I laid eyes upon those beautiful Goldstone Oval or Glass Arty rings I knew I had to own one. Fast forward a couple months and my dreams came true. I have been living in it ever since and I NEED to get my hands on another. I'm so obsessive over it and I usually keep it in the little YSL bag it came in when I'm not wearing it and any time I drop the little bag on the floor my puppy comes and takes it to another room with him, I guess he wanted to have something YSL, too.

Back to the clothes.. I've been intensely reading about the Yves Saint Laurent name split since the rumors first surfaced and it actually broke my heart! Not only did I fall in love with everything ever made but the name itself, it's so elegant and unique. If you have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about definitely read up on it to understand the meaning behind my shirt. As soon as this bad boy came in I had about ten outfits in my head for just about every occasion possible. Both of the ones below are pretty casual because I didn't have anything going on either of these days. Thigh highs immediately came to mind when I first saw this shirt which then lead to my favorite shorts from that little boutique in Long Branch. Since I don't have as many opportunities to break out my actual Lita's as I would like, I had to take advantage of this one. If you're hesitant to invest because they look intimidating to walk in I can personally say I would rather wear these than a pair of pumps.

IMG_3270 IMG_3276 IMG_3248
IMG_3253
IMG_3280
IMG_3259
I just checked back where I got my top and unfortunately the company sold out of them, luckily there are tons all over the internet! Since my Lita's are a bit older and not in stock anymore, I linked the plain ones that I swear by.

OUTFIT DETAILS
Top: Ain't Laurent without Yves WhatAboutYves
Shorts: high waisted semi-destructed, Jenna&Molly
Thigh Highs: textured over the knee socks, Forever21
Shoes: Jeffrey Campbell Leather Lita, UrbanOutfitters
Ring: YSL Glass Arty Ring, NeimanMarcus


PART ll
Do you ever have one of those "please don't ask me to go out today because I do not feel like getting ready" days.. see below. Sometimes I have absolutely NO desire to do my hair and just want to give it a break from hot tools. I suppose it deserves it every once and a while. Luckily I only had to run to the mall for one item (imagine that) so I didn't mind my motivation toward hair brushing was at a negative 5. Luckily the whole sock bun thing is pretty easy. I use one of those foam circles, two of my extension's tracks, a couple of bobby pins and five minutes to get this look.

One of my favorite go-to outfits is denim on black. Weather it's a black dress, black leggings, black denim or black shorts I LOVE anything denim on top. My closet it home to over ten denim shirts, jackets and vests in just about every wash and with every type of embellishment. I've had this specific jacket for several years and it is perfectly broken in, I believe everyone should have one of their own. It's such a great staple piece to have in your wardrobe because of how versatile it is and how easily it goes with just about any outfit.

IMG_3362 IMG_3350 IMG_3356 IMG_3357

OUTFIT DETAILS
Top: Top: Ain't Laurent without Yves WhatAboutYves
Jacket: similar, Levis Denim Trucker UrbanOutfitters
Pants: BDG Cigarette High Rise, UrbanOutfitters
Booties: studded tripple buckle ankle bootie, CharlotteRusse
Bag: medium Selma Saffiano satchel, MichaelKors

1 comment:

  1. Love these two outfits and looks. You look absolutely gorgeous and your hair up is stunning..so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design