November 5, 2013

Amy Winehouse Halloween Tribute


I know it’s a little past due, but, there was no way I could skip out on a Halloween post. It’s been my favorite day of the year since I was old enough to understand the concept of being able to dress up as anything I wanted for an entire day, or maybe since I sprayed my hair black and was Sporty Spice in first grade, either way I still can’t get enough. I keep skeleton décor up in my room year round among other slightly creepy things and yes, I still request that my Mom decorate my entire house. Anyway, back in high school I did dress as Amy Winehouse for a small party but this year I wanted to re-create my look to be bigger and better than ever, and what better way to pay tribute to your favorite artist than to dress like them for a day?  I loved every second of my time spent under the bee-hive wig and layers of winged eye-liner and everything I wore were pieces that I already had in my closet and do wear often to dress as myself (so yes, this is also an outfit post). I’ve seen so many pictures of what she’s worn and how her style evolved through her time in the spot light, so when I was looking through my closet I was thinking “What would Amy wear now?”. Since unfortunately she is no longer with us I wanted to honor her in the most current and up to date way possible rather than emphasizing on her addiction and her not so fabulous moments as others have. I truly believe she was, and still is, one of the most talented women in the music industry not only because of her voice, but that all of her lyrics were real, which unfortunately isn’t so common anymore.

IMG_3371 IMG_3370 IMG_3368 IMG_3366 IMG_3378

OUTFIT DETAILS
Crop top: bustier bralette, Garage
Jeans: high rise seamed jean, UrbanOutftters
Belt: chain link belt, Tobi

Wig was purchased at a seasonal Halloween shop called "Spirit Halloween"
Temporary tattoo sets are all over Amazon & EBay

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design