November 7, 2013

Pleated Stripe Skirt


Don't you hate when you plan an outfit out in your head, go out and buy it and when you finally try it on are nothing but disappointed? That unfortunate series of events happened to me less than a week before I had to attend a dinner my sister's sorority was hosting to benefit heart disease. I purchased the most perfect black off the shoulder skater dress from Nasty Gal which sold out only hours after I ordered. I got it and let it sit in my room for a week before I tried it on figuring that I would have no problem since I am always the same size there. WRONG! The dress barely covered my bottom! I've never been too tall for anything in my life! Of course this lead to the a last minute scramble at the mall where I landed on this beauty in the middle of Forever 21. I've seen similar styles at BCBG, Nordstrom, etc for well over $100 so, of course It had to be mine.

Anyway, the moral of my story is to  make sure you try on your online purchases as soon as you get them so you're not stuck with a $70 dress that doesn't fit and nothing to wear to an event that you knew about for well over a month. oops!


IMG_3433 IMG_3435 IMG_3438 IMG_3436 IMG_3437 IMG_3431

OUTFIT DETAILS
Top: off shoulder crop top, ArdenB
Skirt: daring stripe pleated skirt, Forever21
Belt: chain link belt, Tobi
Shoes: Michal Kors Haven Platform Bootie, Nordstrom
Bag: Small Fulton Saffiano Messenger (back in stock), MichaelKors

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely love this outfit perfect from head to toe

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design