December 23, 2013

Shorts in December


I still can't believe I was able to wear shorts in the middle of December (without tights, which goes against everything I stand for) and not have a single climate-related complaint .. and there was still snow on the ground! This joyous weather sure did bring me a three day migraine though. Does anyone else get them as soon as the weather changes, or am I alone?

I bought these shorts during the beginning of the month at Forever 21 figuring I wouldn't have an opportunity to wear them until summer since they're extremely thin.. little did I know it was going to be close to 70 degrees in a few weeks. If it were a bit cooler, I would have definitely thrown on a pair of opaque tights underneath but it would have been unbearably warm on this particular day. Of course, I went to grab the link for you and they're gone which isn't out of the ordinary for anything at Forever21.  I've linked a couple similar versions that I also love and will most likely invest in.

Even though this sweater is about a year old (from PacSun) I did post a couple more current options below. If you're feeling crafty it's also extremely easy and inexpensive to make yourself. All you need is studs which you can either buy for a couple bucks from Amazon or a craft store (call ahead of time, not all carry them) and a plain sweater (I suggest Forever 21 because their basics won't cost an arm and a leg). I'll link the DIY options below!




IMG_4169 IMG_4162 IMG_4183 IMG_4185 IMG_4190 IMG_4161 IMG_4179 IMG_4173 IMG_4159

OUTFIT DETAILS
sweater: originally PacSun, similar Forever21 Forever21 Windsor
shorts: originally Forever 21, similar UrbanOutfitters NastyGal
thigh highs: over the knee socks, Forever21
booties: originally Forever21, similar Sam Edelman Nolan, Zappos or CharlotteRusse
clutch: originally Love Culture, similar CharlotteRusse
bracelet: with love from CA ID bracelet, PacSun

DIY SWEATER OPTION
basic sweater: no fuss sweater, Forever21
studs: Amazon1 Amazon2
(I always use the studs with teeth, they seem to be more secure than glue-ons)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design