February 8, 2014

Leopard Print Trench


I've been so excited to share this post with you guys because it's a different & slightly creepy twist on my typical "outfit of the day" pictures and ramblings. Among the list of my very talented friends, Phong never fails to leave me speechless over his photography. Not only does he have one of the most creative minds I've ever had the privilege of working with, his ability to create a perfect shot so effortlessly is unreal.  So, we set off with his two rather old film cameras + a light meter and left the digital at home (I swear one of them was closet to 10lbs!).  After taking two non-digital photography courses in college and remembering how difficult they were for me, I was amazed to learn that he taught himself the entire film process and develops his rolls right at home.

You can check out all of his work here:

For the past month I've been searching for the perfect leopard trench and haven't had much luck. Of course, my professional shopper of a Mom found this one and surprised me with it about a week ago. As if the print wasn't everything I wanted, I swear it was made specifically for me or at least someone as short as me. It's not too heavy, but it's warm enough for a 30 degree with a layer or two underneath, but light enough to wear with a pair of jeans and flats or gladiator sandals. I love pieces that you can wear throughout different seasons, so worth the investment.

All photos taken by Phong Lai - phonglai.com

OUTFIT DETAILS
Top: originally Tobi, similar Tobi
Pants: originally Forever 21, similar Forever21
Coat: leopard long sleeve covered button coat, (on sale now!) SheInside
Booties: Michael Kors Haven platform bootie, Nordstrom
Hat: originally PacSun, similar Tobi
Sunglasses: Vogue Cat Eye Sunglasses from Sunglass Hut sold out, similar UrbanOutfitters
Bag: Small Fulton Saffiano Messenger, MichaelKors

1 comment:

  1. Such a babe! I'm so excited for your new project! Best of luck! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design