February 4, 2014

Patterned Pencil Skirt


I mentioned before that I was on a bit of a pencil or midi skirt/dress kick and this is one of my most recent purchases. I have tons of plain colored skirts so the slight pattern on this one is what sold me. I chose to pair it with some of my older items, which is one of my favorite things to do. It gives me a new found love for pieces that have been sitting in my closet for months and makes them feel new again. I chose this black bustier crop top I purchased over the summer because it was plain & didn't take away from the pattern in the skirt, plus I absolutely adore crop tops paired with pencil skirts..I have so many cute summery sets that I cannot wait to break out once it gets warmer. Since it was close to freezing I had to grab a bootie rather than a pump to keep warm, which lead me to these Jeffrey Campbell wedges I picked up last year. I will say that in comparison to my no-named brand wedge booties that are almost identical, these are SO much more comfortable and a lot easier to walk in once again proving my theory that it's worth spending a few extra dollars on staple pieces. Since I've been done growing for years now, I know they'll always fit which made my purchase a no brainer.


IMG_5225 IMG_5241 IMG_5238 IMG_5243 IMG_5221 IMG_5244 IMG_5236 IMG_5223 IMG_5226 IMG_5229 IMG_5234 IMG_5246

OUTFIT DETAILS
top: originally Garage, similar Tobi
jacket: originally PacSun, similar PacSun
skirt: Gemma skirt, Tobi
shoes: Jefrey Campbell 99 Lace Up Wedge sold out, similar Lord&Taylor
bag: find out how I made it @ Vinted
necklace: D.I.Y. project
watch: Marc Jacobs small Amy crystal bracelet watch, Nordstrom
bracelet: spike along bracelet, Tobi


On another note, Valentine's day is coming up so with the help of a few of my favorite gentlemen, I put together a quick gift-guide that will hopefully spark a few ideas if you're still in need of a little inspiration. Since not all guys share the same exact interests, I chose a few with different hobbies & styles to show the relationship between what they like to do and what gifts they would appreciate most from their significant other. Check it out here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design