June 27, 2014

Belated Birthday Outfit

IMG_7458 
 I uploaded a picture of me wearing this dress on my birthday back in the beginning of June. Since of course I was running late to my own dinner.. I didn't have time to break out an SLR and get all the details for you guys, but I had a second to snap a few quick pictures on my iPhone (sorry for the low resolution). I was planning on re-shooting this outfit, but after washing the dress and drying it for only a few seconds, it turned into more of a shirt? I'm hoping it's that kind of material that will take its natural form once you was it again, but just in case it isn't I wanted to give you all the details since I've been getting a lot of questions on where I got it from. So if you were one of those questions, I wasn't ignoring you, I was planning on doing a full post to answer them!

I'm obsessed with the way this dress fits, usually I don't love shift dresses because they kind of take over since I'm so small. Lately I've been lucking out and finding them all over in the exact same fit. The color of this dress is a lot more bold than anything I've ever worn which is exactly why I bought it. Since everything I do or wear is one extreme or another, why not brighten up my usually black wardrobe with something the color of a traffic cone? If in the event that my dryer did really ruin this dress, I may just have to go to the store and replace because I love it so much! This entire look cost me under $100 to top it all off..
IMG_7462
This is "bae" ..who is finally making an appearance for anyone who was waiting! I had absolutely nothing to do with the picking out of his outfit, he definitely nailed it, right? I mean, I was behind the purchase of his Clark's but that's about it. This is also one of the gifts he got me for my birthday that I am beyond obsessed with, I've worn it every day since.. he even picked it out himself. I think he may have better taste than me..
IMG_7526 IMG_7464
   How cute is my Mom in her maxi dress? If you didn't already know my Mom is also my photographer, she learned how to use an SLR in about ten minutes and even some professional photographers have been impressed with her work. A lot of people say we look alike and some people have even mistaken us for sisters.. what do you think? We even have matching tattoos!
IMG_7461 IMG_7459
OUTFIT DETAILS
dress: originally forever21, similar, forever21 forever21
shoes: similar forever21
necklace: similar forever21
necklace: similar boohoo

On a more un-related to fashion note, my "main squeeze" Lipsa (who I've mentioned before in my skin care posts) started a blog to document and share her travels with us. For as long as I've known her she has been going on exciting road trips, vacations and she always knows the best places to eat no matter what city or state you're in. She is most definitely the person to go to before booking any sort of vacation or even going out to dinner because she knows the ins and outs better than any travel agent I've been to. I guess you could say she's a living and breathing Yelp... but better!

Even if you don't plan on leaving your couch any time in the near future, her journeys are definitely worth the read, they may even inspire you spend Christmas in Disney!
LIPSA'S JOURNEY




1 comment:

  1. Wow! You two make such an adorable couple, so cute. Love you both!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design