September 24, 2014

Flannel Dress & Thigh Highs

_DSC0177

I have been wearing booties with a small heel or a platform to work and after a quite a few long days, my feet were begging for something flat. Although I was a lot more comfortable throughout the day, I was feeling extra short! I was just getting used to being able to see over some of the racks and tables, as well as the extra four inches of height. Since most of my flats are packed up for the move on Saturday, these thigh highs were the only work appropriate option I had.. I knew there was a reason I stopped myself from boxing them up! I scored them at the end of last winter for less than half of their original price which was something around $200 if I remember correctly. Now that I know how comfortable they are and how well they go with dresses, jeans, leggings & tights I wouldn't have minded paying full price if I had to..


Even though I do tend to wear some of Paul's shirts as dresses, especially his flannels, I couldn't stop myself from picking this one up from Forever 21. I loved the colors and the fact that it was tailored more toward a woman's body than a men's flannel. Men's arm holes are cut a lot bigger than women's which causes their tops to lift if we raise our arms too much and that was definitely a risk I was not willing to take at work.. just another reason I had to bring this one home with me!

Not only was this outfit perfect for a day at work, it was even more perfect for a night in Brooklyn with Paul. We headed to his favorite tattoo spot for .... another tattoo, duh! The weather was absolutely gorgeous compared to the last time we went, a nice cool breeze beats humidity & rain. Although it was fun to hangout and watch him get a tattoo, I was a little bit jealous to be the one sitting on the side instead of getting a tattoo myself! There's always next time..

_DSC0174_DSC0193_DSC0176_DSC0183_DSC0195Fotor0924212627
_DSC0188_DSC0182
_DSC0196Fotor0924212830
_DSC0192
_DSC0191
_DSC0190
_DSC0189
_DSC0194
_DSC0178
flannel: f21, similar 2020ave
boots: aldo, similar aldobag: michael kors
necklaces: gypsy warrior & shopdixi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design