September 17, 2014

Quilted Faux Leather x Sunflowers

_DSC0146

I am sure you have all seen me wear this dress plenty of times over this past summer, but, since I did style it differently for the recent fall like weather we've been having, I felt that another post was appropriate. It is one of my absolute favorite dresses to date so be sure that a winter look will be a definite in the future.

Since my work days generally start at the crack of dawn and end at sundown, I don't see much daylight for a photo op. I decided that I would take the time on my day off to shoot some of my favorite looks that I've worn to work so far.  My dress code is "fashion professional" which I absolutely love & believe anyone in the retail world should abide by whether it is required or not. This is just one pair of boots that I picked up to wear to work and I was surprised at how comfortable they were through a nine hour shift. I did force myself to buy the cognac color over the black option so that I would have something to brighten up my darker pieces and since I've already worn this dress with black several times, I thought I should try something different.

_DSC0151

As I mentioned above, I do go into work pretty early in the morning and if you haven't been up at 6am recently, it is c o l d.  Luckily, my Mom found me this quilted faux leather jacket to replace the one I bought two years ago (I kind of wore it until it fell apart, oops!). I'm really into the whole quilted look for this fall & winter and even grabbed a pair of booties with the same pattern for work! I found this jacket not too long ago while I was walking past Aeropostale, of course I went in and decided that I had to have it for the fall/winter but at that point it was still pretty warm out so I didn't bring it home with me. About a week or two ago my Mom surprised me with it and I was beyond happy to have something warm to wear in the mornings, especially since all of my other jackets are packed up in boxes until next week! I was pleasantly surprised with how warm it was especially for how reasonable the price was. Like I mentioned in a previous post, I have been finding so many great pieces in Aero lately, especially their Bethany Mota collection. I know that a lot of people make fun of the brand because their past wasn't what I would call fashionable, but, I really believe they are making a comeback & you should never be too set in your ways to shop at a certain place, you never know when you're going to miss out on something great!

_DSC0138
_DSC0143_DSC0155 _DSC0159_DSC0156_DSC0158_DSC0147 _DSC0148 _DSC0157 _DSC0150_DSC0144_DSC0153_DSC0160
dress: urban, similar americanapparel
jacket: aero
shoes: aldo

1 comment:

  1. Nice post! Love everything about this and the fact that your just so beautiful. Keep up the great work and congrats on your new job!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design