October 31, 2014

Back in Black

_DSC0218

Its been far too long since my last blog post, so, I figured what better day to make my comeback than Halloween? Just as most, it's my favorite day of the entire year and to me, there is nothing better than dressing up! As far as this year goes, I'm not too sure what my plans are or what I'm even going to be, if anything at all. So far I've spent the day catching up on some homework and lounging! Speaking of, homework seems to be what occupies my days off from work which explains my recent and unintentional hiatus. On top of homework, I've been trying to unpack myself little by little and I'm finally down to my last few boxes! After my closets are done being built & I'm able to get myself a little more situated I will most definitely do the "room tour" I promised in a previous post.


One of my favorite things about going to work every day is that I get to dress up, I mean, who doesn't look an excuse to wear heels and platforms? I love that I'm able to wear just about anything and experiment with my style, it's definitely opened me up to wearing a lot more color (obviously not with this particular outfit). These platforms are easily my favorites, they're even more comfortable than my Lita's which is kind of hard to believe. Out of all the shoes I've picked up from work, these are by far the most worn out of my collection. While I'm on the topic of collections, these platform booties are just one of the many Project Runway styles we carry in store, so whenever I wear them I feel like I'm walking a runway, well, if a runway were my place of employment. Regardless, I live in these booties so I guess you'll have to get used to them!

_DSC0229

Since I'm not exactly Halloween ready at 5pm on Halloween, I figured this outfit I wore to work would be a good replacement, especially since it does look at little witchy. I love mixing textures and patterns which is what brought me to pairing these leather booties with this lace sleeved shift dress. Of course, I would be nothing without a few gaudy jewels so this stack of three separate necklaces made me feel complete. I finished off this all-black look with a small pop of color in the form of a red lip from the Rocky Horror collection at MAC. 

_DSC0219_DSC0233_DSC0222_DSC0237_DSC0220_DSC0226_DSC0223_DSC0234_DSC0224_DSC0227_DSC0236_DSC0228_DSC0221
dress: similar forever21
booties: aldo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design